Sunday, April 19, 2009

2009 World Cup Dressage Finals in Las Vegas

So, I had the amazing pleasure of attending the WC Dressage Finals. History was made and I got to watch it! US rider Steffen Peters on the 11 year old Dutch gelding Ravel won the Grand Prix AND the Freestyle!!! His performances were AMAZING. Correct and harmonious. That pair has only been together for about 14 months, so they are only going to get better! I see them as being a strong anchor for the US team for many years to come.

I also got to watch the retirement ceremony for two wonderful horses. The first one was Brentina, and there was not a dry eye in the entire house. Wow. I also got that on video! So, for those of you who were not able to be there in person, here ya go:




The other retirement ceremony was for Bjorsell's Briar, Jan Brink's international mount for the past 8 years. It was very sad that his final performance was not stronger...sad to end a career on a less than stellar note.

After I get home, I intend to post a few videos with my thoughts on the riding and horses.

I also got some very touching footage of a wonderful tribute to Patrick Swayze from the Arabian Breeders World Cup show that was also in Las Vegas while I was there.

No comments:

Post a Comment