Thursday, May 21, 2009

Looking forward to having my kids home!

Well, I guess there is always a rainbow after the rain! Just last week I was heartbroken about the end of my project with STB. And now this week it looks like my own two lovely horses will be arriving home in less than a month! I can hardly believe my good fortune now!

The arrangements are fast and furious. And I find myself in a position where I need to raise some extra funds to assist with the shorter than expected time frame to come up with the funds for the transport.

So! I have decided to take on some training horses. Here is what I have posted so far:

"Well! I didn't see this day coming! But as it turns out, I am now accepting training horses. At this point, I am not offering lessons. A wonderful opportunity just fell into my lap to get my two horses hauled up here from Michigan, but I need to do a bit of creative financing. *grins* Which means I need to make some extra income.

This is a temporary opportunity. I will have about a two month window where I will take part time training horses. TJ has been gracious enough to offer her facility for me to do this on a temporary basis. But I am also willing to travel to the horse, as long as the horse is at a convenient location and there is an acceptable area to work the horse. The working area would depend upon the horse's needs. For some horses, this might be a good trail, for others, a round pen, for others, a flat spot in the pasture. That will have to be evaluated on a case by case basis.

If you are looking for long term training, then this is not for you. I do not intend to continue offering training for more than two months. The cost will vary, depending upon where the horse is located (how much driving time for me), and how many days a week you are interested in. Ball park price would be $300 per month for three days per week. That may be adjusted up or down, depending on days and location. I will take up to 3 horses per month, but cannot do more than that. (It does appear that I have one spot taken already, so only 2 spots left.)

If you have questions, please feel free to email me directly. Also, there is a lot of information on my philosphy and background in the older posts on my blog. Many pictures of me with horses I have trained and shown."

No comments:

Post a Comment