Friday, March 27, 2009

Back in the saddle - YAY!

I felt slightly cheated when I got to the barn today...When I left my house in Sutton, the sun was shining, and it was 40 degrees. By the time I got to the other end of the Valley, it was snowing, and 30 degrees. So, my planned ride in the outdoor was not gonna happen.

I pulled TBM out, tacked him up in the aisle way, and headed to the indoor. We shared the arena with three other horses (one tied near the door, one on a lungeline giving a lesson, and one mildy unruly pony having a very good time). TBM stayed nicely focused though the thinly veiled chaos. I lunged him first, and he looks pretty good and loose. I got on him, and he was SOOO soft in the bridle. HUGE payoff from all of the ground work we have been doing! He was also nicely responsive to the leg and staying upright in the shoulder. Did nice long walk, getting the booty goin. Headed to the trot, and he was a bit short, and not all the way there yet. The footing where we were working was less than ideal, so I didn't feel it was fair to really push him for more than he was giving at the time. Went back to walk and worked on being soft to the leg and good halts.

All in all, I was very pleased. This is day #5 on joint supplements, and I see an improvement already. Hopefully we can get into the large outdoor this weekend for some really good leg stretching.

No comments:

Post a Comment