Thursday, March 26, 2009

Light at the end of the tunnel?

Today, I feel almost normal. And my voice is almost back all the way, too! Yay! I did manage to get myself out to the barn before work today. I took TBM out for 30 minutes of romping in the outdoor. Gorgeous day, lovely temps in the 40's. I took his heavy blanket off, let him roll and roll in the snow. He did a bit of bouncing around, and I got to see some trot. He has been sitting in his stall/paddock for 4 days, so I expected him to be a bit stiff. BUT!! He was NOT. He looked very good and loose. I am very heartened by this.

Tomorrow, I hope we have good weather again. I am planning to head out and ride in the outdoor. The footing is pretty good out there right now. The snow is soft enough to have good traction. Hopefully we can get into some good forward canter/gallop, really stretch those legs and fill the lungs!

No comments:

Post a Comment