Thursday, January 8, 2009

HAFLINGERS!!!

So, I have a 'thing' for ponies. And I apparently have a thing for blonde ponies! When I was in Michigan, I worked with a couple of Haflinger breeders and really enjoyed training and showing their horses. Here are pictures!



This was my lineup at my first class at the American Haflinger Nationals in 2006. I am riding APF Noble Rose (owned by New Horizons Haflingers of Lainsgburg, MI). We are the last ones in the line-up. This was for Intro Level Dressage Suitability, and we got 3rd place.



A bit blurry, but you can see Miss Rosie working hard! This was actually warmup for the Dressage Suitability class in 2006 at Nationals again.



Miss Rosie chilling between classes. Isn't she a sweetie?! I really loved working her, she was so much fun. She is now producing INCREDIBLE foals for her owner. You can check them out here: www.newhorizonshaflingers.com



This is Antonio Rose of Lilac Farms. He is out of Rosie, the mare above. I started him undersaddle and showed him Intro level at the 2007 American Haflinger Nationals. This is from the Intro Dressage Suitability class, and he was 2nd place!



This is Mohini HE, owned at the time by Our Haflinger Horses of Tiffin, OH. Spoils from Haflinger Nationals in 2007. We were American Hafgliner Nationals First Level Reserve Champions. She is a very powerful mare, with a wonderful work ethic.



Mohini again. This picture was taken from the show where I met Mohini. This was the third time I had ridden her, and we got 3rd place in this class!

1 comment: