Wednesday, January 7, 2009

In the meantime...

Well, until I get to enter some information about my actual Alaska Project Pony (APP), I figured I would post some pictures of horses I have known, ridden, trained, and/or shown.

The first picture is of Shadow, a horse that w
as owned by my mother and recently sold to her new home up here. I worked with her last summer and had a lot of fun with her.







This is Fleet's Skybar Spirit. He is a paint gelding that I started undersaddle and later showed in dressage for his owners, Don and Vonda Hamilton of Laingsburg, MI. We were Open Training Level Champions at the show right after this picture was taken!



Here is Spirit again, showing off his great balance, even at training level. He is a great horse, and shows a lot of talent for dressage work. He was always one of my favorite horses to work with because he was eager to please, smart, and had a lot of personality.






This is Vida Loca, an Oldenburg mare owned by Uma Julz Sporthorses of Bath, MI. I started Vida undersaddle when she was 7. She had been a broodmare up until then. She is a very talented mare and was probably the easier horse I ever started. She was very solid training level after just 60 days undersaddle, and was even started over fences then. She certainly is a big mare! *laughs*



This was my Oldenburg mare, Wonder Woman (aka Moose). I bought Moose as an unbroke 4 year old and started her undersaddle. This picture was taken at a schooling show when she was working Training level. She was working a solid 2nd level when I sold her to her current owner, Iron Horse Farm. She is now a wonderful broodmare there and is producing fantastic foals!



And here is my Doo man! I bought Doo from a lady in Wasilla when he was just under 2 years old. He was the first horse I started undersaddle. In 2004, we were GLASS-ED 2nd Level Open Reserve High Point and High Percentage Champions. He is 14 hands, and probably has some draft horse in there somewhere. He is still down in Michigan, and I miss him SOOO much!

No comments:

Post a Comment