Saturday, January 31, 2009

AHR 2007 First Level video

Mohini HE - First Level Test 1, 1st place, 62% (need to double check that on my score sheet), 2007 AHR Nationals




Not a perfect test by any means. This was the first time showing 1st level with this mare. There are some bobbles in the beginning. And the first lengthening is pathetic. The second lengthening is marginal at best. The strengths are the stretching trot work, the walk work, and the halts. You can see she is a bit fussy in the bridle, and the canter starts out unpure and 4 beat-y. We switched bits not too long after this show and that made a HUGE difference in the bit acceptance. Her previous training as a combined driving horse may have had something to do with the canter...but we were working very nicely through that when I had to stop riding her because I moved up to Alaska.

I have two more videos to post, will try to do one more tomorrow. Also, I've added a list of dressage books that are in my library. This list is incomplete, and just what I remember off the top of my head. I'll try to update and expand it more in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment